viernes, 11 de diciembre de 2009

Trip to Lebanon

From December 2006 to 2008, I was a soldier, part of the BRIPAC (paratrooper brigade).When I arrived at the military base, that was my home for two years, some of my partners were in Lebanon distributed over the country. They were there for 3 months when in the afternoon on the 31th of June seven partners suffered a terrorist attack and six were killed.
The next day in the military base of Madrid, where I was paying my service, the Sergeant told us what happened, that some soldiers had to replace the dead partners. Then,6 parners and me decided to offer our services to replace them. We were volunteers to go to Lebanon. In the same week we fill all the necesary papers and the next day we took a plane to Beirut. That was the first time I travelled by plane. After five hours we arrived at Beirut and from there we took a car to the base that suffered the terrorist attack. We were in the 9/15 base for fifteen days, those days were very hard, because the mood of the people were a bit down. There were15 days of hard work and endurance but it was an experience that I will never forget.

No hay comentarios: