miércoles, 3 de diciembre de 2008

About My Great-Grandmother


I am going to write about my great-grandmother, Soledad, because I have lived a similar situation as the one in our students' book.

My family took my great-grand-mother to the nursing home near Madrid and we can go to visit her when we have time. My grandparents are going every week to visit her.

When my grat-grandfather died, Soledad lived a lot of time alone in a house, but some years ago we decided to move her with my other great-grandmother to the nursing home. Is very difficult for an old person to leave her house after living all her life in it. Soledad always has been a strong person, but with the time she wanted to die. Now she is ninety years old, she is losing her head and when the family goes to see her, she does not recognize them.

I think that this situation is positive because she is with older people and she is monitored all day by nurses and doesn´t have to be a housewife.On the other hand she has not got so much privacy as she had in her own house.

No hay comentarios: